All commercial businesses require fire extinguishers to be installed on the premises. Regular inspection of fire extinguishers is required by law and if you have faulty or out of date extinguishers then it is time to have the professionals at Affordable Fire & Safety come inspect and repair your equipment. With our over two decades of experience Affordable Fire & Safety technicians will ensure your fire extinguishers are functioning correctly, installed properly and are meeting the requirements set by law.
Affordable Fire & Safety fire extinguisher inspections include:
- Install new certification tag with month, year, type of service performed, type of extinguisher and who performed service.
- Inspect bracket, installation and proper signage.
- Verify proper type and size of extinguisher for location mounted and type of hazard.
- Invert cylinder and fluff chemical by patting cylinder.
- Remove existing safety seal, check pull pin operation, and install new safety seal.
- Check weight of extinguisher for proper weight according to manufacturer's specifications on name plate.
- Remove and inspect hose or nozzle for wear and tear and verify it is clear of obstructions.
- Determine from manufacturer's date if 6 years maintenance or 12 years hydrostatic test is required per NFPA 10.
- Visual and physical inspection of cylinder for dents, corrosion, missing parts and manufacturer's date.
- Visual inspection of pressure gauge for proper pressure.
Per Standard NFPA 25 Guidelines
We also recharge fire extinguishers at our facility for valley homeowners.